over，在……之上，超过，更多以over为前缀的单词还有：overflow, overpass, overtake, etc.
题外话：上图中的这个人放电脑的地方就是lap，而他手里拿的是laptop。top的意思是顶部、上面的。难道laptop发明出来就是为了put on the top of lap？
大家可以想一下翘二郎腿时的样子就是lap over lap，所以交叠可以理解吧？
lap over lap
造句：There was an overlap between their products.
- to cover something partly by going over its edge; to cover part of the same space
- If two or more activities, subjects, or periods of time overlap, they have some parts that are the same.
- If a football player overlaps, they pass the ball to another member of their team and then run beyond that player so that they are ready to receive the ball again.
- the amount by which two things or activities cover the same area
- in football, a movement in which a player passes the ball to another member of their team and then runs beyond that player so that they are ready to receive the ball again